Friday, February 27, 2009

Gillan & Kelly's Wedding @ Swissotel Stamford Canning Ballroom

Photobucket
Alfred & Kewei on vox, Ein on keyboard

Subject: Thank you, and more thank you!


Hello Kewei,

This is the Yeo couple here. :) We just wanna thank you for the beautiful music on our wedding (27 Feb). All our guests were full of praises for your band. We even had a few of our engaged friends asking about your band’s contact. Hope it will bring more biz to you guys. :)


Also, thank you specially for singing Le Festin during the 1st dish presentation. We love the way you made it your song, even though you were hesitant to sing it initially. Thank you so much. An even bigger thank you for the beautiful portrayal of “You are still the one”. The song meant a lot to us, and it was simply magical to walk down the aisle with your singing.


Lastly, thank you for entertaining our guests with the song dedications. Our wedding was definitely made special by your band. Keep on spreading love with your music!


Cheers!
Gillan & Kelly

p.s. here are some pretty pics of the night. Thanks for wearing red to suit our theme. You guys look gorgeous!






Gillan and Kelly booked myself long ago, after hearing my set at Indochine Waterfront :)
They put in so much effort in their wedding, I felt extra special to be part of their big day!
And I must say this: Kelly you are gorgeeoeooouuusss!!!

Firstly it was a themed Gala Red Carpet Affair, so we dressed for the theme!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Trusty Live Studios also had a live feed of photos on projector screens,
and guests could sign on their polaroids digitally and print them out on the spot!

Gillan and Kelly also designed their own personalised dedication cards, even though we prepared our Yours Truly brand of dedication slips for them :)

They were the sweetest - they also created a special tribute for their parents:
collage of their photos of their early dating years, to marriage, to their blissful family life
:)
*melts into a puddle*

It was a first for me, and I am going to steal their idea for my own wedding! haha...



Their good friend gamely sang Sway for their 1st March In, and
they selected Le Festin from Ratatouille as their 1st Dish Song!

This was an interesting suggestion for me, and I thought it was PERFECT.




The arrangement of the music, the soaring voices, the authentic French ambience it created for the feast to come was droolsome!

And yes, as Gillan and Kelly mentioned, I was hesitant to sing it at first because I didn't think just the piano and I could bring out the feel of the song - plus the French was quite a mouthful!

But I learnt it in the end, and am glad it worked! :)

Photobucket

Kelly dedicated a special song 不了情to her friend Yunjing, "who sang this to me even before any guys did!"
and to my pleasant surprise Yunjing replied with a request for 新不了情,"which we will sing for the next 15 years to come..."

It made the gesture of song dedication extra special, and it made my night as a wedding singer :)

thank you so much gillan and kelly, the yeo couple!
you have made my job such a pleasure, and i thank you for inspiring me again on how beautiful a celebration a wedding dinner can be :)

you have been the sweetest, and i'm glad to have been part of your big day, thank you for allowing me to be part of it! :)

No comments: