Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thanita & Joseph's Wedding @ Four Seasons

This was one of the most emotional weddings i've been to!

It was the first time I saw a groom nearly cry!

It was all for good reason, Joseph's parents were both onstage giving their speech, and this very morning, Joseph and Thanita were married in the same church, on the same day, as were Joseph's parents 30 years ago!

Thanita was Thai, and Joseph was Filipino-Indian, I'm sure their babies would be gorgeous!

Thanita's father had a magical voice. I cannot describe it any better, but it sounded strangely captivating and simply commanded your attention when he sang.
No wonder, he used to sing at a jazz bar in Bangkok :)

He sang I Left My Heart In San Francisco, and we urged him to sing one more while we were rehearsing, and he did!

Onstage, he said, "Once I hold my mike, I just can't put it down!" and he continued with Fly Me To The Moon :)


As Thanita put it, as a young girl, she had always dreamed of her father singing at her wedding, and today her dream came true.

That to me, was absolutely perfect.

The second set of our performance almost ended up as a karaoke session, as many of their talented relatives took to the stage and sang classics like Born Free, My Way...

Luckily Ein Ein could respond quick and was always read to catch the correct keys of the songs as the requests for oldies came quick and strong!

We are blessed to have been part of this celebration, thanks to Martin & Joan who recommended us! :)

Awaiting pictures!

No comments: