Thursday, February 11, 2010

Matthew & Clarice's Wedding @ Conrad

11FEB10

Dawn on Vox
Ein on Keys
Jon on Sax
Kitty as Emcee

Gong Xi Gong Xi!!! Chinese New Year is fast approaching and today was my last wedding gig for the Year of the Ox. Superstition predicts that the Year of the Tiger will see fewer weddings, but I personally believe that there's more to a good wedding date than the year. (It seems that my Zodiac sign is suited for marriage this year, *WAHAHAHA*, but no no, not for me :P)

Before the year is up, let's take a look at Matthew and Clarice's wedding shall we?

First dish of the night was... LOU HEI!!! Matthew and Clarice *bless their hearts* saved us seats so we could join in the festivities.

11FEB10
Jon & Ein sure look like they're enjoying themselves with wooden chopsticks in hand

Kitty brought the dinner guests through the steps, explaining the significance of each ingredient for the benefit of the couple's non-Chinese friends.

11FEB10
Kitty looking less enthused cos she missed out on the tossing! *joke*

What I really liked about the evening tho, were the confetti tubes that were fired during the second march-in. These babies were solid 15 inch long red & white striped tubes that shot up plumes of rainbow confetti. I tried to get a shot of the action but my stubby fingers were too slow. So here's a shot of the confetti lying on the ground.

11FEB10

Solid right?

Thank you Matthew & Clarice for having us. I particularly enjoyed Matthew's dad's speech!

11FEB10

xoxo,
Dawn

No comments: