Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sok Ying & Aloysius's Wedding @ Grand Copthorne Waterfront, Waterfront Ballroom

I had great fun at this wedding!

Sok Ying was a beautiful and voluptuous lady,
whose vivacious personality shone throughout the celebrations :)

Aloysius was also very hospitable towards us, making sure we had a great dinner and were well taken care of, and he was absolutely friendly. :)

Their brother and sister team looked perfect in their matching colours -
the brothers all wore a satin blue tie,
whereas the sisters had the same satin ribbons on their cream dresses, each uniquely designed :)

The professional emcees also kept the spirits up,
especially during the sabo segment when the couple had to do a bollywood dance for their loved ones!

There is no older game than dancing around a person pretending to be a coconut tree,
but everyone loved it, including Sok Ying and Aloysius themselves!

I say, bring the games on!
It's great fun to let loose during your wedding, really have fun
and laugh at yourself along with others! :D

When inviting the guests onstage,
several tables started cheering and clapping for their grandfather,
who raised his glass high in the air towards them, smiling from ear to ear.

Little kids sitting on shoulders even started chanting 爷爷!爷爷!
He had to be the most popular 爷爷 I've ever seen!

Sok Ying and Aloysius's wedding speech was also unscripted, warm, and straight to the point - they thanked friends who flew in to join them on their big night, extended family, colleagues etc.

But Aloysius's closing really took the cake -
"I would also like to thank the Japanese guy who stays in Room 2414, opposite my suite!
When I was standing outside at the hallway, he opened his door and asked me, Excuse me, if I send my laundry by tonight.. will I get it by tomorrow morning?
I looked at him, and said: Yes."

The entire ballroom, already in great spirits, burst out laughing!


Besides playing for both march-ins,
Gulia also played Handel's Concerto for the 1st Dish Presentation,
which was a magnificent classical piece that sounded great on the harp!

Sok Ying had requested last minute for the harp to play since she didn't want flashy lights and music for the 1st Dish Presentation.

And I couldn't agree more with her decision :)

No comments: