Sunday, September 20, 2009

Angela & Boon Lin @ Mandarin Oriental, Atrium Suites

Photobucket
kewei on vox,
ein on keys
adrian on guitar

Hi Kewei,

Thank you very much again for your wonderful performance on my wedding. My guests truly enjoyed it. Please send my compliments to the Quartet too; they really enliven the reception!

All the best, Boon Lin & Angela


This fairytale wedding was definitely a perfect reflection of the couple - Boon Lin looked exceptionally like Prince Charming, with his gentlemanly demeanour and his dashing charisma. He treated everyone graciously and courteously, just like a prince would!

Angela was definitely every man's dream girl - she was gorgeous, sweet and constantly wore a smile on her face.

Boon Lin had especially chosen So This Is Love from Cinderella, as their 2nd march-in song, as he put it, "my fiancee will will actually appear in a baby-blue evening gown that's very similar to Cinderella's" :)



And this beautiful gown complemented her fair complexion so well, she looked like she stepped out of a fairytale.


For the benefit of the guests who missed out on their love story, and for the band, Boon Lin described in detail the 1st time they met, how Angela "initiated" their first date, how she was the belle of the office, but he was the lucky frog prince that managed to win her heart...
it was terribly sweet, and I do wish to hear more couples sharing little anecdotes about themselves in their speeches in the future!

This couple led an international lifestyle, falling in love and dating in Japan while working, and amassing many friends all over the world where they worked.

I specially sang the timeless "Say Yes" by Chage and Aska for their Japanese colleagues (who had brought them together!) and also 家后 for Angela's family who were Taiwanese :)

You must be familiar with 江惠's version of 家后,but check out this 黄小琥version, I absolutely love the chill jazzy arrangement!!!



They were extrememly gracious in appreciating my shabby Hokkien, and very appreciative!

Photobucket

I also learnt When I'm 64 by the Beatles specially for them - a cute little ditty that I couldn't get out of my head later on!
"When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now,
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine?"

The Wedding by Julie Rogers was also one of their favourites - whose Mandarin cover 花月佳期 by Anita Mui, is also frequently requested by the older folks :)

Photobucket

This wedding was special in many ways, because they specially invited a string quartet to play for their cocktail reception, and also for their 1st march in: Wedding March by Mendelssohn :)

Photobucket

Boon Lin also specially prepared a songlist for each table - to choose the top 5 most popular songs to be sung during the dinner, which we gladly obliged :) Always good to know exactly what the crowd wants to hear!





I would also like to commend Mr Cha Lee from Mandarin Oriental for his utmost patience and excellent service, not only to the couple, but for the band as well.

There were last minute changes in the sequence of events requested from the couple, I misplaced my laptop charger and had to borrow one... amidst all this last minute requests, he took them all in his stride and attended to all our needs with patience, always going out of his way to make sure we were alright.

It was an exceptionally popular day for weddings, and he had worked more than 12 hours straight by then, but he had absolutely no complaints nor grumbles, and I must say all of us were terribly impressed!

Angela and Boon Lin, may you live happily ever after!

No comments: