Saturday, October 3, 2009

Emily & Alex's Wedding @ Hyatt

Photobucket
Dawn on vocals, with Kangyang on guitar and Ivan on sax

What an awesome night!

As most of you reading would know, the seventh lunar month is generally considered an inauspicious month, which in turn translates into fewer weddings.

Alex & Emily's wedding last night was my first post seventh month wedding performance and it was definitely a good restart to the rest of the year.

Photobucket

I'll tell you a secret, I've never played at the Hyatt prior to last night.
But after last night's experience, I've definitely become a fan!
Walking into the Grand Ballroom on level 2, I was immediately put at ease by the atmostphere. But of course, what could be more important to our band than sound?
Long story short, I was loving the ballroom's sound system and from the crowd's reaction, I could tell that they were loving it too.

Photobucket

We had an inkling from Alex & Emily's song choices that they were definitely a funky couple.
But I was nonetheless struck by the bride's choice of a bright orange/black bare-back gown. Emily told me that she wanted something different and I think she definitely hit the right chord with that gutsy number!

Photobucket

We rocked to songs from Greenday (Good Riddance - Time of Your Life), Bryan Adams (Heaven) and Utada Hikaru (First Love) among others, in addition to some song requests of traditionally popular ditties like Wonderful Tonight and 甜蜜蜜.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you Alex & Emily for having us be part of your special night, and also thank you to your wonderful crowd with their enthusiastic response and many many many requests!

Photobucket
Dedication slips by Yours Truly

We really enjoyed ourselves last night and hope all your guests did too.
Happy marriage!

xoxo,Dawn

Photobucket


Many thanks to Kelvin Joshua Lim of Avenue8 for your lovely pictures and compliments!

It's always a pleasure to work with them, I still remember meeting Kelvin for the first time at Chijmes, at CK and Michelle's wedding more than a year ago.


What a delightful coincidence! Looks like I'm a fan of yourstruly now more
than ever. haha ...
Hello Kewei, it's been a while! Hope to hear more of the
both of you soon! :D


Cheers,
Kelvin Joshua Lim


Click on his name to check out his personal photo blog!

Photobucket
Absolutely creative shot, that made me do a double-take!

Photobucket
Cheers!

No comments: