Sunday, June 6, 2010

Karen & Alan's Wedding @ Meritus Mandarin, Mandarin Court Ballroom

Alfred and Kewei on vox
Einein on keys

Hi Kewei, Alfred & Ein ein!!

Thanks for the excellent perfomance yesterday!! Thanks for making our wedding lunch a memorable one for not only both me & Alan but also our guests!! Especially all my sis & bros!! You shld know who they are right? They are now your fans..haha!!

You & Alfred's wonderful voice has melted all of our hearts!! AWESOME!! Once again…THANKS!!~~ *big hug+muaks* :)

Karen&Alan



Photobucket

I love this ballroom!

The tables are on three tiers, looking down onto the stage, and it was really cosy!
However, the stage is really small, so it can only accommodate 3 people in the band maximum :)
Still it felt great to be so near to the guests, it's more intimate that way!

Karen & Alan were really sweet, the minute I met Alan, he said "Congratulations on winning the PK!" I replied, "Congratulations on getting married!" LOL

PS. Einein and I flew to Taipei to take part in 超級偶像SuperIdol to PK the contestants, and we won!

Here's a clip of our performance :)


Karen had this beautiful dress - here's a picture I snapped of her album! I love the details on the sweetheart neckline, and the layers peeking from underneath the hem!

Photobucket

They had an awesome bunch of sisters and brothers, who were super enthusiastic and really appreciative of us!

Karen's brother Awee also made a great emcee, he was funny and personable, and I felt like I knew all of them for some time already :)

Karen also noted several song dedications beforehand for their family and friends, which made my job even more special :)

Through her dedications, I could feel the love and attentive detail she showered upon her friends (even amidst the crazy schedule of wedding preparation), and it was no wonder she was so loved by them!

Here's her list:

That's What Friends Are For -
"we wld like to dedicate this songs to all our sisters & bros (our buddies) who helped us a lot during our wedding preparation"
(this of course met with screams and hoots and cheers)

Forever love - Wang Leehom
"we wld like to dedicate this songs to my elder bro -Awee & my sis-in-law Anne, this is the song which my bro sang for Anne during their Wedding dinner. I can still remember that very romantic moment =)"
(seeing Awee and Anne with their baby made it sweeter, Awee sang along to the song, and nothing beats the memory of your own wedding day :)

Always be my baby - "we wld like to dedicate this song to sis Joey & bro Raymond (the emcee)….wish that their wedding bells will ring soon after ours..this is the song that they use as their mobile ringtone."
(so sweeeeet! i love the way the couples look when i announce a special dedication for them... they become the stars of the day at that moment, instead of the newlywed couple!)

我只在乎你
"we wld like to dedicate this song to our parents, thanks for their love to us since the day we were born"

你的名字,我的姓氏 - 张学友
"we wld like to this song to bro shayn, who like this song very very much as Karen does…karen did promise him that alfred will give him surprise :p"
(i hope this surprise worked with shayn! it's alfred's classic hit!)

First Love - Utada Hikaru
"Karen: this song reminds me the time when I was studying in college at KL with my 2 sisters Jaclyn & Joey, we always hear this song in our room together... wld like to dedicate this song to both of them"
(Jaclyn nearly came onstage to sing this song! They were pleasantly surprised to hear this sorority sister dedication :p)

爱爱爱=方大同
"dedicate this song to one of my ji mui - Joanne...as she skipped 方大同's concert for my wedding"
(Joanne looked really surprised at being singled out for this dedication, but when I revealed the reason I could tell she was touched by this gesture :)



Karen's brother updated me about a rather complicated love story between their friends X & XM, so I was tasked to sing them a song to bring them together :)

I dedicated my finale song for them, but it wasn't enough!
They cheered for an ENCORE!! and we conceded, to 新不了情, which became the theme of X & XM!

Hope to sing at THEIR weddings soon! :D

No comments: