Saturday, November 21, 2009

Karen & Kanny's Wedding @ Swissotel Stamford, Stamford Ballroom

Photobucket
James on piano, Ivan on sax(not in picture)
Kewei on vox

Sms from Karen the next day:

Hi Kewei,

Thank you very much for your awesome performance at our wedding.
All our guests had a great time especially my dad's friends :)

Karen


Karen's parents' friends were exceptionally appreciative!
They applauded after each song and I definitely felt like an oldies jukebox!

Our signature dedication slips! (photographer by Karen later)
Photobucket

花月佳期 by Anita Mui, also The Wedding by Julie Rogers, is a new addition to my repertoire that always strikes a chord with the older generation - and I specially played that as requested by 大姑妈, and were promptly showered by their kind generosity in the form of angpaos!

But Karen and Kanny were just more than happy to keep their guests entertained!

I also specially learnt Anita Mui's 亲密爱人for them and played it in bossa nova style :)

Photobucket
Also met Marc and Caron, whose wedding I sang for 2 years ago!
In fact it was ever since their wedding, that Karen decided that we were to be her wedding band!

When Marc came up to me, I immediately recalled his name and his wife's! Sometimes I think I have super-power memory! It was great catching up with them!

Thanks Karen and Kanny for your warm hospitality,
wishing you more happy days ahead! :)

No comments: